Warning: include() [function.include]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/php-5.2.17-flock/lib/php/english.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/tmp:/var/sites) in /var/sites/d/dubaijobspot.com/public_html/lang/lang.php on line 70 Female Nursery / Kindergarten Principal
Employment Type: Full Time
Monthly Salary: Unspecified
Minimum Work Experience: 2-5 Years
Minimum Education Level: Bachelors Degree
Career Level: Manager
Require a highly qualified, experienced and enthusiastic NATIVE ENGLISH Speaker, Western Female Nursery / Kindergarten Principal to take on the responsibility for establishing and managing a new American curriculum Early Learning Centre in Dubai.
Under the supervision and guidance of the management company, the Nursery Principal will be responsible for:
This position is responsible for managing the teaching, professional and paraprofessional staff. The principal is in charge with fostering a culture that embraces a common vision with staff for ELC improvement and development. The principal is responsible for directing the planning activities and for implementing a collaborative program with staff to ensure accomplishment of those goals.
The principal is responsible for developing educational performance objectives for the teaching staff and students. The performance steps should be a collaborative effort between the staff, parents and students. The performance objectives should consider all handicaps, learning disabilities and learning styles.
The principal is responsible for managing the administrative process in collaboration with l assistant principal. The principal must develop, utilize and maintain all appropriate information systems for record keeping, personnel information, instructional data and human resource records.
The principal is responsible for screening, interviewing and selecting the teaching and professional staff. Human resources are the first point of contact for all new hires. The principal is responsible for assigning mentors to their incoming interns and first-year teachers.
- Relates to children with mutual respect while carrying out a positive and effective discipline.
- Motivates employee performance and enhances morale
- Maintains a commitment to ongoing growth in self and others, supporting and participating in
- District and site professional growth programs
- Demonstrates positive attitude toward job and remains a flexible and innovative team builder
- Meets with staff, both certificated and classified, periodically as directed to communicate
- Managing certificated contracts at site level
- Deal with emergency situations in cooperation with staff and public safety agencies
- Self-motivated and have the ability to motivate others
- Be creative; and demonstrates exceptional interpersonal skills
- Completes assessments, referrals, and counselling with students and families.
- Oversees implementation of the nursery program. Consults with other professional staff and outside agencies and other organizations.
- Completes reports as required.
- Interview children and families.
- Develop and continually evaluate / review objectives of school curriculum and identify gaps in context of specific needs of children and teaching staff including statutory needs.
- Research teaching methods and techniques to design optimal curriculum for all age groups and keep abreast of current teaching techniques and new developments in the curriculum.
- Develop a curriculum map on quarterly basis and submit a recommendation report to the manager.
- Provide inputs in curriculum budget preparation for the fiscal year.
- Review textbooks, software and other educational materials and teaching methodologies.
- Compile and analyse financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts.
- Prepare financial management reports.
- Analyse and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues. Analyse financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge, understanding and practical experience of care for young children
Knowledge and practical understanding of child development and parenting
Knowledge and understanding of legislation and regulations relating to caring for young children and the inspections process for approval of the preschool settings
Knowledge and ability to create and implement policies and procedures consistent with legislation, regulations and KHDA requirements
Able to work independently and to manage own time efficiently
Experience of managing, supervision and appraisal of staff
Ability to develop an effective team
Warm and caring personality friendly and approachable to families
Ability to create and implement basic systems for child records and financial records
Ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels
Commitment to the principle that families know best about their own needs
Commitment to equal opportunities for all children and families